beachy fun...

Paperbag albums are so much fun for me. I think it's because you can make something amazing out of something so mundane (although useful!).  This is my newest album.
I wanted a vintage, beachy theme so I used Graphic 45 papers from their Boardwalk line. Their papers are so rich and full of color and texture. They are really a joy to work with. Of course Tattered Angels figures prominately in here as well, I have used lots of Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glm, chipboard, card sets, etc. .
There is also elements from October Afternoon; papers, Jenni Bowlin; papers, embellishments, Prima, some beautiful crocheted flowers made by my friend, Denise; and always, always, ribbons. (shouldn't the world be tied around the middle, prettily, with a lovely ribbon?
I really enjoy the beach, although we don't get there very often. I have had great fun over the last couple of months scouting homes on the ocean. I was really surprised at how inexpensively you can pick up oceanfront homes with a bit of work. They may be small and need some work and updating, but it is something to consider....
I try to add lots of tags to my albums because I like to add little snippets of info, maybe a funny thing that happened on the way. They are also a great way to add small pictures, or maybe one that you have cropped down. The pockets that the tags tuck into are also fun for event tickets, programs, postcards, or other keepsakes you wish to include.
I had to laugh at the bathing suits in this pics. My son (12) came in at some point and wanted to know why I didn't have a bathing suit like that???? I explained they really didn't sell them any more and besides, they weren't really attractive, were they?
You have to give the ladies in these old photos some points for courage though. They were quite risque in their day. Go for it, Girls!
I did post this album in my ebay store. ;o)
God Bless,all!
Renee





Comments