a bit of the wee folk...

Faeries have always been a fascination to me. Even as a child I wondered and watched and waited hoping to catch a glimpse of a tiny little person watching me. Books like The Borrowers series held endless hours of reading fun as did the Littles series. If I could have changed into anything at all, it would have been a 6 inch tall girl. So, a fairy album was a natural progression, especially after the lovely Graphic 45 papers came out with their Once Upon a Springtime line of papers.

 I was really pleased with how the cover turned out.  The pretty corner pieces add a nice touch and also protect them from fraying.
 The first two pages are SO pretty! I love the colors and the embellishments, the sparkle, the ribbons, it is very much a "me " set of pages.
 ok, really the whole album is. I am a nut about flowers and there are flowers everywhere in here!
 The delicate look of so many vintage things always catches my eye. These papers are just breathtaking!
 To give the fairy wings a more ethereal feel I used a bit of stickles glitter glue to add shimmer.
 Aren't doilies romantic? I have a bunch in different shapes and colors and love using them although making sure they are glued down securely so the edges don't tear can be a chore.
 The old Valentine postcard here is from a lot I bought a year or two ago. They add such a fun touch!
 For the pockets on these two pages I used ruffled eyelet lace. It works pretty well when it is tied back. 
Well thanks for taking a look, I would love to see some of your things!
Blessings to  you~
Renee

Comments