Sorry to be gone so long...
I have a new tin I have altered/decorated. The theme is summer at the request of a sweet lady- Jean. The papers are Echo Park, A Boy's Life and Sweet Day. As soon as I saw the beautiful designs I knew I would be using the papers for something!









If you are interested in creating a tin, first you will need to cover the outside of the box with paper. I measure the box, cut the paper and glue it (Fabritac). You will need to cut carefully around the clasp of the tin. Then I make a template for the top of the box to cut my paper. This is a trial and error process for me, I cut a rough one using the bottom and then modify it carefully. When you have a good working template, cut your paper and glue it. I then cover the inside of the box the same way and in this case added some pretty eyelet lace. Be careful to line up patterns, it will give you a much more finished look. Then you will begin to decorate your tin. I finish with ribbons all over the handle but you surely do not need to. You could wrap it with some coordinating twine... or leave it plain.
I would love to see photos if you make some!
Have a fabulous day and may God bless you-
Renee

Comments